Job Title: Repair Shop Technician I – Laurel Warehouse
Category: Full Time/Non-Exempt
Reports To: Repair Shop Supervisor
Posting Date: July 2, 2018
Repair technician is responsible for the repair and restoration process of
both assembled and disassembled furniture and upholstery in accordance with
the various manufacturer standards. This position may include in-shop,
and/or shipping lane repair work.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Evaluate damage and select appropriate methods of repair for wood furniture, leather, and upholstery.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast paced environment.
- Comfortable working with hands and display an aptitude for craftsmanship, artistic and/or carpentry services.
- Efficient with color matching and blending.
- Ability to fill and smooth cracks, dents, scratches, and depressions, remove marks and imperfections, and repair broken parts, using various tools and techniques.
- Upholstery repairs including structural. Internal mechanism replacements.
- Complete documentation on all merchandise repaired.
- Responsible for cleanliness and organization of personal workspace and assist in maintaining clean and safe working environment at all times.
- Operate and maintain equipment in a safe and clean condition.
- Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety. Comply with OSHA and MSDS standards.
- Communicate effectively in reading, writing, and speaking in the English language.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for long periods of time and maneuver effectively around warehouse and warehouse property.
- Must be able to bend, kneel, squat, reach, and/or twist frequently.
- Must be able to lift heavy furniture up to 500 lbs. safely and with assistance while moving merchandise in various positions without causing damage to merchandise or property.
- Must be able to work a warehouse environment which is subject to temperature changes not easily controlled by heating or air conditioning.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned
Minimum Requirements (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Customer Focus, Dependability, Teamwork, Time Management, Equipment Maintenance, and Documentation Skills.
- Possess good math skills.
- Must be able to use hand tools effectively.
- Ability to multi task and attention to detail.
- Ability to work as part of a team and interact effectively with others.
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter.
Submit resume to HRdept@johnnyjanosik.com
; Posting open until filled.
Click here to complete and submit application..