Job Title:Lift Operator I – Laurel Warehouse
Reports ToReceiving Manager
Posting Date: August 8, 2018
The Lift Operator is responsible for operating a Stockpicker/Cherrypicker to move,
locate, relocate, stack, and count merchandise. The Operator is accountable for
the safe and efficient operation of the vehicle and may also be required to perform other duties.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Unload inbound shipments safely and move product to storage locations. Efficiently stack and store the merchandise in the appropriate areas.
- Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage. Report quality variances.
- Pull and prepare merchandise, ensuring that the exact number and type of product is loaded and shipped. Perform picking duties in an efficient manner that meets customer service standards.
- Properly use the hand held scanner to process the merchandise.
- Efficiently move merchandise from storage areas into staging area in shipping.
- Operate and maintain equipment in safe and clean condition.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area.
- Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety. Comply with OSHA and MSDS standards.
- Must be able to work at heights of up to 40 feet.
- Must be able to pass a Lift Operator course.
- Ability to lift heavy furniture up to 500 lbs safely and with assistance while moving merchandise in various positions without causing damage to merchandise or property.
- Communicate effectively in reading, writing, and speaking in the English language.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for long periods of time and maneuver effectively around warehouse and warehouse property.
- Must be able to bend, kneel, squat, reach, and/or twist frequently.
- Must be able to work in a warehouse environment which is subject to temperature changes not easily controlled by heating or air conditioning.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
- Excellent Communication Skills and Customer Service Oriented.
- Customer Focus, Dependability, Teamwork, Coordination, Organization, Time Management, Reporting Skills, Inventory Control, Documentation Skills, Equipment Maintenance.
- Be able to work independently or as part of a team with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritize and organize workflow on a daily basis to accomplish required tasks.
- Must be able to use hand tools effectively.
- Must have good math skills.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
Submit resume to HRdept@johnnyjanosik.com
; Posting open until filled.
Click here to complete and submit application.