Position Title:Inventory Control Specialist
Reports To:Inventory Control Manager
Posting Date: June 13, 2018
This position is responsible for product movement, properly identifying, and tagging all furniture both
efficiently and accurately. It is also important to note that this position is company-wide and will
encompass not only the warehouse locations, but all showrooms in all locations.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for properly researching and tagging opened and unopened product for the purpose of maintaining inventory accuracy while correcting all variances.
- Report quality variances of patterns of error directly to warehouse management.
- Check emails in a timely manner and respond to any requests made such as, verifying returned product, removing serial numbers from invoices, mis-tagged or missing product on the showroom floors, etc.
- Properly use the hand held scanner and FACS computer system to process all merchandise.
- Operate and maintain equipment in a safe and clean condition. Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area.
- Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety. Comply with OSHA and MSDA standards.
- Assist managers during truck check-in at the Return Lane location for the purposes of accuracy in both our inventory system and customers' accounts.
- Communicate with all levels of employees from Customer Care, Management, Floor Crew, Purchasing, Shipping, Receiving, CPU, etc. for the purpose of addressing various levels of inventory accountability.
- Responsible for running daily, weekly, and monthly reports to reconcile and identify any and all variances.
- Responsible for participating in the necessary cycle counting of all products in both the showrooms and warehouses.
- Must be able to work at heights of up to 40 feet.
- Must be able to pass a Lift Operator course.
- Ability to lift heavy furniture up to 500 lbs safely and with assistance while moving merchandise in various positions without causing damage to merchandise or property.
- Communicate effectively in reading, writing, and speaking in the English language.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for long periods of time and maneuver effectively around warehouse and warehouse property.
- Must be able to bend, kneel, squat, reach, and/or twist frequently.
- Must be able to work in a warehouse environment which is subject to temperature changes not easily controlled by heating or air conditioning.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
- Excellent Communication Skills and Customer Service Oriented.
- Be able to work independently or as part of a team with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work-flow on a daily basis to accomplish required tasks.
- Must have computer experience.
- Must be able to use hand tools effectively.
- High school diploma/GED preferred
Please submit your resume with subject Inventory Control Specialist
Click here to complete and submit application..